Mike Hayman, Internationally Renowned Arborist
Katy Schneider, Retired Deputy Mayor
Kristin Booker, Booker Design Collaborative Allen Bush, Jellito Perennial Seeds
Paul Cappiello, Yew Dell Gardens Todd Eberle, Retired, Mayor of Prospect
Ken Herndon, Downtown Management District Michelle King, APCD
Maria Koetter, Louisville Metro Office of Sustainability Mesude Duyar, Metro Parks
Sherie Long, Louisville Metro Planning and Design Barbie Tafel, Garden Design
Cindy Marquel, Kentucky Department of Transportation
Mike Raisor, COO, Jefferson County Public Schools Robert Rollins, GreenHaven Tree Care
Betsy Ruhe, Jefferson County Public Schools David Slater, Retired Physician
Tom Smarr, The Parklands at Floyds Fork John Swintosky, Metro Parks
The purpose of the TreesLouisville Operations Committee is to provide expertise, guidance and support in pursuance of our mission of creating a more livable and healthy community for Louisville’s future generations through a robust tree canopy by raising public awareness of our canopy deficit and planting trees today in areas of greatest need.
The Operations Committee will meet every other month, and is charged with the following:
- Monitoring the tree canopy coverage of Louisville, i.e., the progress of the Louisville Metro Urban Forestry Master Plan.
- Advising the Executive Board on the investment of resources in projects to increase the tree canopy.
- Promoting networking and collaboration among the nursery industry as well as non-profits with similar missions.
- Helping to increase the community awareness of the importance of Louisville’s tree canopy to the overall welfare of the community.
- Developing a strategic plan and goals for TreesLouisville.
Furthermore, the Operations Board is divided into committees with individual purposes:
- Explore, identify and promulgate best practices in tree planting and care.
- Develop, implement and oversee projects.
- Work with the Metro Division of Forestry in coordinating and overseeing a community-wide urban forestry master plan.
- Develop specific goals and a five-year strategic plan for TreesLouisville for adoption by the Executive Board.
Events and Outreach
- Plan an annual meeting/conference with a prominent keynote speaker and workshops.
- Develop opportunities for networking among the nursery industry and non-profits with tree-related missions.
- Help in organizing fundraising/volunteer recruitment events
- Provide support in further developing the website and outreach opportunities via social and traditional media.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials.