Deadline extended! Applications are still being accepted.
Purchase a shade tree and receive 40% off purchase price (up to $80)! TreesLouisville is partnering with the Louisville Metro Division of Community Forestry for this program, which is open to all residents of Jefferson County.
Review the brochure below for terms and eligibility requirements.
- Tree must be considered a shade tree* and selected from Approved Tree List **
- Tree must be planted in a residential yard
- Program open to Jefferson County, KY residents only
- Max 3 submissions per household
- Tree must measure at least 1in in diameter at a point 6in above soil line
- Rebates are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis while funds are available
- Rebate is only eligible for purchase price of tree (i.e. excludes tax, planting or delivery fees, etc.)
* Shade trees are generally medium to large sized trees that have spreading canopies (think oaks, maples, lindens and elms), though smaller species like redbuds or serviceberries would also fall under this category. Avoid dwarf ornamental varieties. If you have questions about whether your tree is eligible for a rebate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** For a list of appropriate trees for our region, refer to the DCF Master Tree List.
Need help selecting a tree species? Here’s a short list of our favorite trees.
Support your locally owned nurseries!
Ready to submit your application? Click the button below to apply.